Resolutions for the Home
New Year’s Eve is almost here! Do you have your 2023 resolutions ready? If a new home is on your wishlist this year, Eastbrook Homes has you covered. Our home resolution ideas outline important steps, tips, and strategies every homeowner should consider when building or purchasing a new home. Join Eastbrook Homes as we walk through the best home resolutions you can make to ensure 2023 brings you and your family the home of your dreams.
Resolutions for Downsizing
Looking to shorten your 2023 to-do list? Downsizing is a great way to reduce home expenses, lower your home maintenance needs, and decrease time spent cleaning and doing yard work. Carve out more time for rest and relaxation this year by committing to a few unique home resolutions designed specifically for downsizers.
- I will identify my long-term home needs. Would a single or multi-level home work better for me? What parts of homeownership and maintenance do I want to avoid? How many bedrooms, bathrooms, and garage spaces do I need?
- I will prioritize access to important amenities. Is it finally time to move somewhere with instant access to a pool? Do I hope to spend my days on the golf course or at the gym? Maybe lakeside living is on my list of must-haves?
- I will live in a home that aligns with my unique lifestyle needs. Do I prefer close, attached neighbors or is a detached dwelling more appealing? What utilities, inclusions, and security features are important to me? How close am I to shopping, tourist attractions, and healthcare facilities?
Interested in taking your 2023 downsizing home resolutions to the next level? Eastbrook Homes’ downloadable Interactive Condo Guide explains everything you need to know about low-maintenance living while walking you through the options, priorities, and choices you need to make to stick to your home downsizing resolutions.
Resolutions for First-Time Home Buyers
Buying a home for the first time can be intimidating. Find your stride in 2023 by investing in a few tried-and-true home resolutions designed especially for first-time home buyers. With a little time, organization, and effort, your perfect first home is just a checklist away!
- I will familiarize myself with the terms, concepts, and steps of the homebuying process. What’s the difference between PMI and homeowners insurance? Do I need a mortgage escrow account? How does a loan estimate differ from a pre-approval letter?
- I will choose the best lending option for my unique needs. Which lender offers the best terms for my financial circumstances? How much money do I need for my down payment? What is my ideal loan length and interest rate?
- I will slow down and be patient with myself as I navigate each important step of the process. What are my long-term goals in buying a home? What income and expense fluctuations do I need to account for? Which lenders offer the best customer service for my unique personality and needs?
Eastbrook Homes understands the pressures of navigating your first home purchase and we designed our Interactive Homeownership Guide specifically for families looking to buy their first home. Download the guide and join us as we walk through everything you need to know before buying your first home, from understanding home buying terms and definitions to identifying your ideal lender and loan options.
Resolutions for New Home Builders
From foundation to final walk-through, building a new home requires planning, flexibility, and organization. The trade-off? A stunning, customized new home that reflects your unique lifestyle, needs, and personality. Build the home of your dreams in 2023 by sticking to a few tried-and-true homebuilding resolutions made specifically for families looking to build their own homes this year.
- I will be confident and knowledgeable about my home budget. What must-have home features impact my budget the most? Do I need to account for moving expenses, new furniture, utilities, or HOA dues? What are my home loan pre-approval limits?
- I will select a community and lot that aligns with my unique needs. Do I prefer close neighbors or large, private lots? How close do I want to be to schools, commuter highways, and city amenities? Do I want to avoid yard work, gain access to an on-site fitness center, or build a home with a golf course view?
- I will take advantage of help and resources throughout the building process. Do I already know which home plan fits my needs the most or would touring a model home help me decide? Have I reviewed all my home feature options or consulted a professional designer with my home build concerns? What can I learn from other homeowners who’ve built their own home?
Eastbrook Homes makes the homebuilding process easy by simplifying the steps you need to prioritize your ideas and bring your vision to life. Our downloadable Interactive Home Building Guide walks you through every step of the home-building process, from identifying your needs and budget to selecting the right home plan and community.
As one of Michigan’s premiere homebuilders, Eastbrook Homes values our communities and homeowners all year long. We consistently stick to our lifelong resolution of providing affordable, customizable homes in family-friendly communities across West Michigan and the Greater Lansing Area. Our designer home plans and move-in ready homes offer style and selections for every taste and with our Eastbrook Guarantee, you can build the home of your dreams with experience-backed confidence and security. Make 2023 the year your home dreams become a reality by connecting with an Eastbrook Homes Sales Agent today.