Fun Things to Do in West Michigan: Spring Edition
After a long, chilly winter, nothing beats the fresh air and sunshine of springtime! From family-friendly events and recreation opportunities to flower festivals and the return of outdoor dining, West Michigan and the greater Grand Rapids area offer an abundance of spring activities to choose from. Eastbrook Homes invites you to follow along as we explore one of the most scenic, entertainment-filled areas in the country. Our custom-curated collection of fun things to do in West Michigan offers something for every lifestyle, budget, and family member.
Fun Things to Do in West Michigan: Family Fun
From playgrounds and flower gardens to theatrical performances and some of the best libraries in the world, West Michigan offers an abundance of family-friendly activities designed to provide long-lasting memories. We’ve gathered up spring-specific adventures for kids of all ages. Join in and invite the whole family along as we enjoy some quality time exploring family-friendly fun things to do in West Michigan.
- Indoor Water Parks – Ready to swim, but unsure about braving Lake Michigan’s chilly spring temperatures? Head to Holland Aquatic Center or enjoy an open swim session at one of West Michigan’s multiple indoor pools.
- Critter Barn – Celebrate springtime by visiting all the baby farm animals at Critter Barn! Their annual Spring Fling event features ducklings, chicks, bunnies, lambs, baby goats, and calves.
- John Ball Zoo – A pioneer for wildlife conservation since 1891, John Ball Zoo offers animal visits, learning opportunities, and fun events like the Grand Rapids Lantern Festival.
- UICA Galleries – The Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts showcases unique local works alongside educational art programs for kids, teens, and adults.
- Check It Out Program – Grab your Grand Rapids Public Library Card and check out free passes to local museums, zoos, and gardens!
Fun Things to Do in West Michigan: Local Events
Ready to make a day of it? Head to West Michigan to experience the nation’s most awarded and anticipated events of the year. Boasting annual enjoyment for art lovers, flower enthusiasts, butterfly watchers, and so much more, this season’s local events top the list of fun things to do in West Michigan.
- Tulip Time Festival – Celebrating its 94th year, Holland’s annual Tulip Time festival attracts visitors from around the country with thousands of colorful, blooming tulips, attractions, and concerts.
- Music and Concerts – From jazz festivals to local up-and-coming artists, West Michigan offers music festivals multiple times a month.
- LaughFest – Showcasing the best in comedy, West Michigan’s LaughFest gathers together comedians from around the region for an unforgettable night that’s sure to leave you smiling!
- Lakeshore Art Festival – Enjoy handcrafted art, food, and music at the Lakeshore Art Festival, one of the region’s largest and most enjoyable art experiences.
- Butterflies Are Blooming – Head over to Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park to experience the largest seasonal tropical butterfly exhibition in the nation.
Fun Things to Do in West Michigan: Outdoor Recreation
Time to shake off the winter blues and head into the spring sunshine! Grab a friend or your favorite four-legged pup and experience the great outdoors. Considered some of the most enjoyable and fun things to do in West Michigan, this area’s outdoor recreation opportunities offer endless options for every activity level and age.
- Golfing – Ready to hit the greens? West Michigan offers award-winning golf courses, including the stunning, premiere courses at Eastbrook Homes’ Macatawa Legends and The Villas at Spring Lake Country Club communities.
- Biking – With miles and miles of both paved and gravel bike paths to choose from, West Michigan provides some of the best bike trails in the state.
- Boating – Michigan hosts over a thousand public boat launches and 82 public harbors; find your perfect spot by exploring the Michigan Department of Natural Resources launch map!
- Fishing – Whether by boat, dock, or shore, Lake Michigan offers an abundance of trout and salmon at pristine public fishing sites along the lake’s eastern coast.
- Explore the Dunes – Located all along the Lake Michigan shoreline, West Michigan’s state parks feature hundreds of sand dunes with sweeping views of the lake and sunset.
Looking to capitalize on all the fun things to do in West Michigan this spring? Come for the tulips and stay for year-round comfort by building your dream home with Eastbrook Homes. Our customizable home plans offer exceptional value for your budget while allowing your family to create long-lasting memories in amenity-filled communities throughout West Michigan and the Grand Rapids area. Explore our move-in-ready homes, learn about our building process, or connect with us here to schedule a personalized home tour.
Get Our Blog Posts
Delivered To Your Inbox
Community Guides, Neighborhood NewsRead MoreAugust 2023
Community Guides, Neighborhood NewsRead MoreJune 2023
Community Guides, Neighborhood NewsRead MoreApril 2023
Community Guides, Neighborhood NewsRead MoreOctober 2022
Community Guides, Neighborhood NewsRead MoreAugust 2022
Community Guides, Neighborhood NewsRead MoreMay 2022
Talk to an expert about your new home options! Our Online Sales Team is here to help you through your Eastbrook discovery process. Get in touch with us today!