2024 Design Trends
New year, new look! With the holidays behind us and a new year ahead, why not make refreshing your home’s look a resolution for 2024? With so many design trends making a splash this year, there’s no shortage of places to look for inspiration in giving your home a makeover.
Explore this year’s home design trends with a brief survey of some of the most popular, stylish home looks, compiled by Eastbrook Homes.
Getting Comfortable with Color
Gone are the days of muted, neutral tones as the foundational building blocks of home design. In 2024, it’s all about using more striking colors, earthy hues, and dark, rich pigments to set the tone for a room’s look. Unique colors allow you to express your inner designer and showcase your personality in an instantly recognizable way.
Eastbrook Design Tips for Getting Comfortable with Color
- Refresh your neutral-colored walls with soft hues of primary accents. Exchange grays and browns for deep blues and reds.
- Introduce patterns with a mix of colors through area rugs or upholstery. This can add visual interest without relying solely on solid colors.
- Consider adding an accent wall in key rooms of your home to create a dynamic design aesthetic without overcommitting to too much color.
- Use neutral furniture pieces with small, colorful accents. An assuming brown sofa, for example, can use brightly colored throw pillows to tie the room’s look together.
Design with a purpose! Sustainability has taken the spotlight in recent years for the practical benefits it provides homeowners and the positive impact it has on the environment. The increasing accessibility of sustainable design and eco-friendly materials has reignited a focus on sustainability in 2024 and made it easier for homeowners to lean into this trend while still maintaining a unique home aesthetic.
Eastbrook Design Tips for Celebrating Sustainability
- Use large windows to fill your home with natural light, creating a cozy atmosphere while saving on electricity.
- Use aromatic greenery, like basil and rosemary, throughout your home to decorate, keep your home smelling fresh, and provide a sustainable supply of cooking spices!
- Utilize natural materials, like reclaimed wood or upcycled furniture, to reduce waste while also decorating your home with unique, stylish pieces.
Some trends have staying power, and wide-open spaces and open-concept layouts are as popular as they’ve ever been. Spacious interiors are great for hosting guests and provide an ideal design for parents to stay engaged with their children while working, cleaning, or cooking. While not a new trend, this timeless design is great for making your home known for its welcoming, inviting atmosphere.
Eastbrook Design Tips for Spacious Sophistication
- Utilize an open floor plan to eliminate walls and barriers between rooms, creating a seamless flow throughout your entire home and making your living space feel more expansive.
- Large windows and lots of natural light can enhance an already spacious interior and make it feel even more open.
- Smart furniture arrangements can keep spaces from feeling empty without cluttering them up. A tastefully placed coffee table or sofa, for example, creates a focal point for the room but doesn’t detract from its open design.
- Artwork does especially well in open-concept designs, drawing your eye around the room and creating visual complexity in an otherwise minimalist design.
To move forward, sometimes you have to look to the past. In 2024, designers are taking a look back at stylish, retro home interiors and breathing new life into them with fresh, modern interpretations of iconic past designs. Even incorporating small elements of vintage looks is a great way to elevate your home design and give it a unique feel.
Eastbrook Design Tips for Rediscovering Retro
- Bathrooms are a great place to experiment with unique tile patterns, plumbing fixtures, and shower curtains to achieve a wide range of retro looks, from colorful 70s flair to a more classic, old-world aesthetic.
- When choosing light fixtures for your home, be on the lookout for vintage lamps and chandeliers. These simple, but eye-catching, pieces can accent your home decor in a way that feels both timeless and nostalgic.
- Warm metals, like bronze, can evoke a classic, early 20th-century feel, especially when paired with earth tones and wooden furniture or countertops.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match styles, even in the same room, for an eclectic vintage look. Rather than making each element stand out on its own, the blending of multiple styles creates a unique aesthetic of its own that still feels internally cohesive.
- Try a new take on an old classic, incorporating retro elements into a contemporary design to inject some personality into your home.
Adding a Pinch of Productivity
Remote, work-from-home models have become an integral part of many businesses, and in 2024 many professionals are looking to spruce up their home office. More than just a place to work, designers are serious about putting the “home” in “home office” and integrating workspaces into holistic home designs. Rather than a neglected extra room, office spaces can be a core part of tying together other design elements to create a cohesive home look.
Eastbrook Design Tips for Adding a Pinch of Productivity
- To facilitate both work and play, consider designating a specific room of your home as a separate office so you can easily disconnect at the end of the day.
- For home offices that are incorporated into your main living space, use multi-function furniture, like foldable desks and dining table chairs, so you can literally put your office away after hours.
- Your office doesn’t have to be sleek and modern. Let the warm, homey decor used throughout the rest of your home be a part of your office design to inspire the peace of mind needed to do your best work.
Ready to see these home design trends in action? Start building your dream home today with Eastbrook Homes! Explore our many unique home designs, look through our feature gallery, and schedule a model home tour for design inspiration. Connect with us today to get started!
Get Our Blog Posts
Delivered To Your Inbox
Talk to an expert about your new home options! Our Online Sales Team is here to help you through your Eastbrook discovery process. Get in touch with us today!