Homeowner Highlight – The Newport by Laurenda
Welcome to another Homeowner Highlight with Eastbrook Homes!
Today we are talking with Laurenda who purchased a new home in the Saddle Ridge community in 2017. Laurenda could have upgraded her previous home, but after three years, she chose to continue her relationship with Eastbrook Homes and build a new home in the Saddle Ridge community.
We caught up with Laurenda to ask about her building experience with Eastbrook Homes.
- EBH: When did you move into your home?
- Laurenda: We moved in to our new home December 2017, however, we previously lived 3 years in the Saddle Ridge neighborhood in a spec home.
- EBH: What home plan do you have?
- Laurenda: Newport Elevation C
- EBH: What is your decorating inspiration?
- Laurenda: We are drawn to a light and airy, minimalistic modern farmhouse style, and was inspired by designers Jillian Harris and Joanna Gaines. We knew we wanted a lot of windows and natural light, and we got that with the Newport model plus some window additions.
- EBH: What are your favorite features in your home?
- Laurenda: It’s hard to choose just one thing, but we definitely built for a larger kitchen so it’s safe to say that’s our favorite feature. The walk-in pantry, oversized island with farm sink, quartz counters, and white cabinetry all came together perfectly to complete our vision. It’s functional, timeless, and really embodies our personal style! Oh, and our 9 foot first floor ceilings, those are wonderful!
- EBH: What was your building process and Eastbrook experience like?
- Laurenda: We loved the weekly updates and photos from our sales consultant, and it was fun driving by and watching the entire process start to finish. We were surprised by how quickly it actually went! Each team of workers were friendly and efficient.
- EBH: Do you have any tips or tricks for new homeowners?
- Laurenda: Enjoy the process and try not to stress over every little detail! Start with the floor plan and size you love, because upgrades can always be added at a later date.
- EBH: Any other thoughts you would like to add?
- Laurenda: We just want to thank Eastbrook for helping us build our dream home!
Laurenda took her design queues from some well-known sources, but then made the Newport design very much her own with some personal additions and upgrades. With the help of our Eastbrook Home Creation Studio, it’s easy to create a style and design that’s just as unique as you are.
Check back for future Homeowner Highlights, as well as useful tips and tricks that make building and owning your Eastbrook Home a joy.
If you are considering starting your own new home building project soon, please contact the Eastbrook Homes team and find out how we give you more home for your money.
Related Posts You Might Like
Condo Living Near Lake MichiganJulie and Bill Hall had been looking for a home closer to Lake Michigan when they discovered Lincoln Pines. Located in Grand Haven Township, Lincoln Pines features single-family homes and low-maintenance condo living with beautiful green...
The Latest Homeowner TestimonialsRecently, Wood TV’s eightWest, which highlights many West Michigan businesses, people, and events, turned their spotlight on several new Eastbrook Homes communities and phases including Cook’s Crossing in Byron Center, Lowing Woods in...
Homeowner Highlight with Jennifer One of our favorite things is to get updates from our new or current homeowners on how their building experience was, how their new home turned out, and where they got the inspiration for their decorating styles. This week, we’re...