Homeowner Highlight – The Newport by Laurenda
Welcome to another Homeowner Highlight with Eastbrook Homes!
Today we are talking with Laurenda who purchased a new home in the Saddle Ridge community in 2017. Laurenda could have upgraded her previous home, but after three years, she chose to continue her relationship with Eastbrook Homes and build a new home in the Saddle Ridge community.
We caught up with Laurenda to ask about her building experience with Eastbrook Homes.
- EBH: When did you move into your home?
- Laurenda: We moved in to our new home December 2017, however, we previously lived 3 years in the Saddle Ridge neighborhood in a spec home.
- EBH: What home plan do you have?
- Laurenda: Newport Elevation C
- EBH: What is your decorating inspiration?
- Laurenda: We are drawn to a light and airy, minimalistic modern farmhouse style, and was inspired by designers Jillian Harris and Joanna Gaines. We knew we wanted a lot of windows and natural light, and we got that with the Newport model plus some window additions.
- EBH: What are your favorite features in your home?
- Laurenda: It’s hard to choose just one thing, but we definitely built for a larger kitchen so it’s safe to say that’s our favorite feature. The walk-in pantry, oversized island with farm sink, quartz counters, and white cabinetry all came together perfectly to complete our vision. It’s functional, timeless, and really embodies our personal style! Oh, and our 9 foot first floor ceilings, those are wonderful!
- EBH: What was your building process and Eastbrook experience like?
- Laurenda: We loved the weekly updates and photos from our sales consultant, and it was fun driving by and watching the entire process start to finish. We were surprised by how quickly it actually went! Each team of workers were friendly and efficient.
- EBH: Do you have any tips or tricks for new homeowners?
- Laurenda: Enjoy the process and try not to stress over every little detail! Start with the floor plan and size you love, because upgrades can always be added at a later date.
- EBH: Any other thoughts you would like to add?
- Laurenda: We just want to thank Eastbrook for helping us build our dream home!
Laurenda took her design queues from some well-known sources, but then made the Newport design very much her own with some personal additions and upgrades. With the help of our Eastbrook Home Creation Studio, it’s easy to create a style and design that’s just as unique as you are.
Check back for future Homeowner Highlights, as well as useful tips and tricks that make building and owning your Eastbrook Home a joy.
If you are considering starting your own new home building project soon, please contact the Eastbrook Homes team and find out how we give you more home for your money.
Related Posts You Might Like
Start Dreaming of Summer at Tannery Bay Tannery Bay, on the Eastern shores of White Lake in Whitehall, Michigan, incorporates the experience, craftsmanship, and style associated with Eastbrook Homes. The private lakeshore community offers home sites with stunning...
Homeowner Highlight with Lorraine and her Linden Welcome to another Eastbrook Homes Homeowner Highlight! This time around we’re chatting with Lorraine who let us know that building her Linden-style home was so much fun - she’d do it all over again. Lorraine also has...
Homeowner Highlight – The Fitzgerald by Karen Welcome back to another edition of the Eastbrook Homes Homeowner Highlight series. This week we are talking with Karen who lives in a Fitzgerald model home in an Eastbrook Community in near Rockford, MI. Karen and her...